Skin Therapy Calm + Detox™ DUO-PACK Supplement & Topical Cream for internal & external support for skin irritation, rash & itching
Free Shipping with purchase of 2 or more bottles!
Dual Holistic Support for Problem Skin - From the Inside and Out.
Harmony Herbal Skin Therapy™ products pioneer a new Whole Body Dual Wellness approach.
With synergistic supplements and topicals that work from the inside and outside, Skin Therapy™ products support whole body balance and self healing. Formulated by Dr. Dongxin Ma, MD, LAc and PhD in Herbal Medicine, Skin Therapy™ products are developed by a world renowned traditional medicine practitioner, leveraging both Eastern and Western medicine principles.
Is it red, rashy, itchy or scaly? Skin Therapy™ can help.
Harmony Herbal Skin Therapy Calm + Detox™ all-herbal supplement provides internal support for calmer, healthier skin from the inside with a synergistic blend of 10 potent, concentrated herbs commonly used for skin irritation and itching in traditional herbal medicine.
Skin Therapy Calm™ topical is our FDA registered OTC medicine with 8 powerful concentrated herbs known for their anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties combined with the power of colloidal oatmeal (gluten-free), aloe and olive oil to deeply moisturize and restore dry and scaly skin from the outside.
Frequently Asked Questions
Skin Therapy Calm Ingredients
Cork Tree Bark
Cork Tree Bark
(Phellodendron) kills germs, reduces redness and inflammation.
Helps control skin toxins and bacteria.
Honeysuckle is widely used in TCM for bacterial infections, skin rashes, and poison oak and ivy as it is one of the most powerful herbs for clearing heat and toxins. Recent research suggests that its antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory activities act to repair wounded and compromised skin.(8)
Honeysuckle is also an excellent source of antioxidants as it’s high in flavonoids and chlorogenic acid – the same powerful free radical inhibitor found in green coffee extract.
Pittany Root Bark
(Cortex DicaBarberry) Detoxify, Stops itch, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory.
(Arborvitae) strengthens immune system, antibacterial and antifungal properties.
(Giant Hyssop) anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antifungal properties.
Helps clear heat and inflammation and antiseptic.
Skullcap is a powerful, proven cellular regenerator that helps restore your skin. Skullcap is particularly rich in a potent antioxidant flavonoid known as baicalin. Research has shown that baicalin helps repair DNA breaks so that healthy cells can provide structure, strength and resilience to skin. (18-19).
Obtained from the roots of the skullcap plant, baicalin increases skin cell life by restoring telomeres. Telomeres are found at the end of your DNA (like the plastic tips on shoelaces) and protect our genetic data, make it possible for cells to divide, and hold some of the secrets to how we age. Every time a cell divides, the telomeres get shorter. When they get too short, the cell can no longer divide. This shortening process is associated with aging and other diseases.
Baicilin is also shown to protect skin from sun damage. When researchers tried to age skin cells with ultraviolet radiation replicating overexposure to sunlight, the fibroblasts of skin cells treated with baicalin remained youthful and normal. The antioxidant power of baicalin protected the skin cells from free radical damage that causes premature aging of skin.(20)
According to the World Health Organization, skullcap has been used in traditional medicine to treat dermatitis and to stimulate the immune system. It’s known for it’s antiviral, antimicrobial, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. (21)
Organic Colloidal Oatmeal
Hydrates dry and sensitive skin, gentle exfoliator. GLUTEN FREE
Niacinimide (Vitamin B)
Increases the production of ceramides, lipids in the outer layer of the epidermis, that shield skin against moisture loss and provide barrier protection.
Coptis is considered one of the most potent heat clearing herbs in the TCM pharmacy and has many well studied pharmacological effects including antibacterial, antioxidative, anti-inflammatory, and immune stimulating. Coptis is one of the primary sources of the plant alkaloid, berberine, thought to be the source of its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties according to the University of Maryland Med Center.
In TCM, it’s frequently used for gastrointestinal issues, liver function and skin disorders. Recent studies support its traditional use, showing positive results for ameliorating oxidative stress of the skin (27) and improving acne by 45% after just four weeks of use. (28)
Promotes wound healing, increases collagen, anti-inflammatory.
High in antioxidants, Vitamin E and polyphenols, helps restore smoothness and protects against UV light and free radicals.
One of most important lipids supporting skin barrier health, protects again moisture loss and bacterial invasion.
Promotes wound healing and normalizes abnormally thickened stratum corneum.
- J Acupunct Meridian Stud. 2013 Apr;6(2):98-109. doi: 10.1016/j.jams.2012.10.007. Epub 2012 Nov 30. Effects of anti-inflammatory and Rehmanniae radix pharmacopuncture on atopic dermatitis in NC/Nga mice., Kim MC, Lee CH, Yook TH.
- Pharmacopoeia of the People’s Republic of China (English edition). Vol. I. Beijing, Chemical Industry Press, 2000.
- Kim HM et al. Effect of Rehmannia glutinosa on immediate type allergic reaction. International Journal of Immunopharmacology, 1998, 20:231–240.
- Mills, SY. Out of the Earth: The Essential Book of Herbal Medicine Viking Arkana (Penguin), London 1991.
- World Health Organization WHO Monographs on Selected Medicinal Plants, Vol 1. WHO, Geneva, 1999.
- Chang HM, Butt PP. Pharmacology and Applications of Chinese Materia Medica. World Scientific, Singapore, 1987.
- British Herbal Medicine Association. British Herbal Compendium, Vol 1. BHMA, Bournemouth, 1992.
- BMC Complement Altern Med. 2012; 12: 226. Published online 2012 Nov 23. doi: 10.1186/1472-6882-12-226 Wound repair and anti-inflammatory potential of Lonicera japonica in excision wound-induced rats, Wei-Cheng Chen, Shorong-Shii Liou, Thing-Fong Tzeng, Shiow-Ling Lee, and I-Min Liu
- Salvia miltiorrhiza Bunge and its active component cryptotanshinone protects primary cultured rat hepatocytes from acute ethanol-induced cytotoxicity and fatty infiltration. Yin HQ, Choi YJ, Kim YC, Sohn DH, Ryu SY, Lee BH, Food Chem Toxicol. 2009 Jan; 47(1):98-103.
- Comparison of antioxidant activities between salvianolic acid B and Ginkgo biloba extract (EGb 761). Liu CS, Cheng Y, Hu JF, Zhang W, Chen NH, Zhang JT, Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2006 Sep; 27(9):1137-45.
- Genome-wide transcriptional profiling of the response of Staphylococcus aureus to cryptotanshinone. Feng H, Xiang H, Zhang J, Liu G, Guo N, Wang X, Wu X, Deng X, Yu ,L J Biomed Biotechnol. 2009; 2009():617509.
- Molecules 2014, 19(2), 2029-2041; doi:10.3390/molecules19022029, Effects of Danshensu and Salvianolic Acid B from Salvia miltiorrhizaBunge (Lamiaceae) on Cell Proliferation and Collagen and Melanin Production. Yi-Shyan Chen, Shu-Mei Lee, Ying-Ju Lin, Shu-Hua Chiang,* and Chih-Chien Lin
- J Ethnopharmacol. 2015 Aug 22;172:402-9. doi: 10.1016/j.jep.2015.06.043. Epub 2015 Jul 7., Evaluation of the protective effect of Zhi-Zi-da-Huang decoction on acute liver injury with cholestasis induced by α-naphthylisothiocyanate in rats., Chen KL, Bi KS, Han F, Zhu HY, Zhang XS, Mao XJ, Yin R
- Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2014;2014:429246. doi: 10.1155/2014/429246. Epub 2014 Mar 11. Gardenia jasminoides Extract Attenuates the UVB-Induced Expressions of Cytokines in Keratinocytes and Indirectly Inhibits Matrix Metalloproteinase-1 Expression in Human Dermal Fibroblasts. Park J, Seok JK, Suh HJ, Boo YC.
- Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2009 Mar:6(1): 57-63. Published online 2007, June 15, Screening of Bioactive Compounds from Moutan Cortex and Their Anti-inflammatory Activities in Rat Synoviocytes, Mengjie Wu and Zhiyuan Gu.
- Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2007 Sep; 4(3): 327–333. Anti-inflammatory Activity of the Methanol Extract of Moutan Cortex in LPS-Activated Raw264.7 Cells, Seung-Chul Chun, Seon Young Jee, Sang Gon Lee, Sook Jahr Park, Jong Rok Lee, and Sang Chan Kim
- Afr J Tradit Complement Altern Med. 2011; 8(5 Suppl): 220–225. Protective Effects of Moutan Cortex Radicis Against Acute Hepatotoxicity, Juhyun Park, Hyo-Yeon Kim, and Sun-Mee Lee
- Min W, Gao Y, Lin B, Luo D. “Effects of baicalin on ultraviolet A-induced telomere damage in cultured human primary fibroblasts.” Chinese Journal of Dermatology 2011, 44(9) 639-642.
- Chen X, Nishida H, Konishi T. “Baicalin promoted the repair of DNA single strand breakage caused by H2O2 in cultured NIH3T3 fibroblasts.” Biol Pharm Bull. 2003 Feb;26(2):282-4.
- Zhou B, Yin H, Xu Y, Wu D, Zhang Z, Yin Z, Permatasari F, Luo D. “Baicalin protects human skin fibroblasts from ultraviolet A radiation-induced oxidative damage and apoptosis.” Free Radic Res. 2012 Dec;46(12):1458-71.
- World Health Organization, WHO Monographs on Selected Medicinal Plants, Volume 3, p. 283-295. (3rd: 2001: Ottawa, Ont.), ISBN 978 92 4 154702 4
- J Photochem Photobiol B. 2015 May;146:10-7. doi: 10.1016/j.jphotobiol.2015.02.008. Epub 2015 Feb 25., Antioxidant and anti-inflammatory activities of zinc oxide nanoparticles synthesized using Polygala tenuifolia root extract., Nagajyothi PC, Cha SJ, Yang IJ, Sreekanth TV, Kim KJ, Shin HM.
- Altern Med Rev. 2006 Jun;11(2):128-50.Modulation of cytokine expression by traditional medicines: a review of herbal immunomodulators. Spelman K, Burns J, Nichols D, Winters N, Ottersberg S, Tenborg M. Source Clinical Division, Department of Herbal Medicine, Tai Sophia Institute, 7750 Montpelier Road, Laurel, MD 20723, USA.
- Nalini sofia. H, Thomas M.Walter, S. Merish, M. Tamizhamuthu, “An Overview of Nut grass (Cyperus Rotundus) with Special Reference to Ayush”, World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research, Volume 3, Issue 6, 1459-1471, ISSN 2277-7105.
- Oncol Rep. 2007 Jul;18(1):227-34. Anti-proliferative and antioxidant activities of Saposhnikovia divaricata. Tai J, Cheung S.
- Zhong Yao Cai. 2008 Feb;31(2):268-72. Studies on the antioxidative activity of polysaccharides from radix Saposhnikoviae. Zhang ZQ, Tian YJ, Zhang J.
- BMC Complement Altern Med. 2013; 13: 105. Published online 2013 May 15. doi: 10.1186/1472-6882-13-105 The effect of RHIZOMA COPTIDIS and COPTIS CHINENSIS aqueous extract on radiation-induced skin injury in a rat model Xi-Jing Wang, Shuai Lin, Hua-Feng Kang, Zhi-Jun Dai, Ming-Hua Bai, Xiu-Long Ma, Xiao-Bin Ma, Meng-jie Liu, Xiao-Xu Liu, and Bao-Feng Wang
- Fouladi RF. Aqueous extract of dried fruit of Berberis vulgaris L. in acne vulgaris, a clinical trial. J Diet Suppl. 2012 Dec;9(4):253-61. PMID: 23038982
- Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition, 2011 Apr;51(4):331-62. doi: 10.1080/10408390903584094. Effects of flavonoids and other polyphenols on inflammation. González R, Ballester I, López-Posadas R, Suárez MD, Zarzuelo A, Martínez-Augustin O, Sánchez de Medina F.